Tuesday 14 May 2013

Distributions processed by SciStatCalc

Below is a table in which are listed the 17 distributions whose CDF and inverse-CDF (also known as the quantile function) are computed by SciStatCalc. The table is embedded as a PDF file - feel free to download it. The table could come in handy as a quick reference guide for some attributes of the most popular distributions. The expression of the CDF occurs in the right most column.

 

Examining the table above, $I_x(a,b)$ denotes the normalised incomplete Beta function:-
$I_{x}(a,b)=\frac{B_x(a,b)}{B(a,b)}$
where
$B_x(a,b)=\int_0^xt^{a-1}(1-t)^{b-1}dt$
and
$B(a,b)=\int_0^1t^{a-1}(1-t)^{b-1}dt$

The lower incomplete Gamma function $\gamma(a,x)$ is evaluated as:-
$\gamma(a,x)=\int_0^xt^{a-1}e^{-t}dt$
The Gamma function $\Gamma(a)$ is:-
$\Gamma(a)=\int_0^{\infty}t^{a-1}e^{-t}dt$

The error function $erf(x)$ is:-
$erf(x)=\frac{2}{\sqrt{\pi}}\int_0^xexp{(-t^2)}dt$

4 comments:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much knowledge in Algebra but currently, I am working on a project called Tips to Get PhD Degree During Full Time Job. But I want to learn this algebraic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post on SciStatCalc's distributions! As we analyze data, let's not forget about the impact of seasonal disease on public health. For accurate information on prevention and treatment, check out Meri Sehat's online medical services. Thanks for shedding light on this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this informative article on SciStatCalc's distribution processing capabilities! It's amazing to see how technology is changing the landscape of statistical analysis. By the way, do you know of any reliable online assignment help experts who can assist me in my academic pursuits? I'm always on the lookout for quality academic support. Thanks again for sharing this insightful piece!

    ReplyDelete

Logistic Regression Calculator and ROC Curve Plotter

This blog post implements a Logistic Regression calculator for a binary output. Consider a binary outcome response variable \(Y\...