Sunday 27 October 2013

Log-normal CDF and Quantile Calculator

An implementation of the Log-normal CDF and Quantile function Calculator occurs below. The Log-normal distribution function (for mean $\mu$ and standard deviation $\sigma$) is:-

$\large N(t)=\frac{1}{t\sigma\sqrt{2\pi}}exp(\frac{-(log(t)-\mu)^2}{2\sigma^2})$  

Note that the Log-normal describes the distribution of random variable $exp(x)$ where $x$ has Normal distribution with mean $\mu$ and standard deviation $\sigma$. The mean and std (standard deviation) fields have to be filled in, as well as two out of the three fields which are labelled Lower Limit, Upper Limit and Probability. The lower limit field needs to contain a number greater than or equal to 0. The upper limit field needs to contain either a number greater than or equal to 0 or the string inf (for plus infinity). The probability field must contain a number only.



mean:
std:


Lower limit:
Upper limit:
Probablility:



Plot of distribution ($f(x)$) values against $x$ values
$f(x)$
$x$

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to anyone reading this true life story of mine, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year, And I Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me, I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health. He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative. My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have The Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too, And Help Me To Thank Dr OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine, His Contact Email:oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or visit his website https://oyaguspellcaster.wixsite.com/oyaguherbalhome Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you

    ReplyDelete

Logistic Regression Calculator and ROC Curve Plotter

This blog post implements a Logistic Regression calculator for a binary output. Consider a binary outcome response variable \(Y\...